Thu, Sep 10, 2020 10:00 AM – 10:40 AM BST
Just a few months ago managing a team was infinitely easier – getting everyone together in one room for a coffee or lunch in the local (remember that?). Even in that environment many managers struggled to keep their teams on song – either due to lack of time, skills or data.
The pandemic has compounded these challenges and made line management harder than ever. The impact of this for business is potentially enormous, the double hit of lost productivity and the loss of crucial talent would be devastating to any organisation trying to get back on track as we move into the new world.
This Webinar offers some insights into how digital tools can bridge the gap between the old world and the new one – giving managers the knowledge, skills and resources they need to keep their people happy, focused and productive.The webinar will cover:
- Why remote teams are so hard to manage – what’s really different?
- How to create a culture of listening, learning and doing in remote teams
- Listening – why it is more important now than ever before
- Learning – manager away days are a thing of the past – what are the options
- Accountability – why you need to hold managers accountable for their teams
- A blueprint for managing remote teams using WeThrive
You might also likeView all resources
Why is self evaluation important for development?
The importance of self evaluation cannot be understated. Engagement, development, wellbeing and motivation are all improved when employees have the opportunity to reflect and evaluate themselves. What is self evaluation?…
How to Give Feedback to Your Boss
Performance reviews have traditionally focused on the employee, not on how they are managed. But the new age of giving feedback has arrived and it’s no longer a one-way street.…